Wednesday 13 May 2015

Interview about 'The Psychology of Slow TV'

Dr Adam Galpin reflecting on Slow TV in 'That Damned Cow'
During researching my documentary about Slow TV (That Damned Cow) it became clear I would need to interview someone who understood ideas around media psychology. Slow TV evokes a spectrum of interesting responses from viewers which need further research and understanding. Having initially sent an email via Derren Brown's website I eventually landed on an individual within my own university who was very suitably qualified to give some insight.

I interviewed Dr Adam Galpin who teaches the UK's first media psychology Masters Degree at The University of Salford. Adam gave some good insight into ideas and theories which may help explain some of the effects of watching Slow TV. As a follow up to my presenting my film about Slow TV at a Slow Media Symposium, Adam interviewed me for the media psychology blog and we hit around a few ideas about Slow TV. A short distillation of that interview can be seen here.

Slow Television - The Slow TV Blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great insights. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I am doing a research about Psychologist. Your blog is awesome and informative.I'm glad I stumble upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete