Wednesday 3 December 2014

Back in the UK after Salmeboka Sakte TV in Trondheim

Interviewed during Salmeboka Minutt for Minutt
Well, back in the UK after 5 nights and 6 days in Trondheim. Things expected and unexpected happened. Much to sort out. Photos, film, unpacking, picking up domestic commitments and roles. Equipment back to university, rental lens returned in the post. Planning the final structure of this documentary which caused me to be in Trondheim in the first place. Catching up with social media, information gathering about Slow TV, and more.

One of the unexpected things was to be interviewed on NRK2 during Salmeboka Minutt for Minutt; screen grab attached for your interest. Should you wish to see it, it's here at the start of this segment. One of the roles of this blog is to add to the portfolio about my working on and producing the Slow TV documentary for my Masters Degree, so while this project is active I'll need to include more on my interaction with the subject, as well as the subject itself. I'm hoping to continue studying Slow TV after my Masters Degree - more on that as, when and if it happens.

I've almost caught up with essential things from time away and so I can do some more blogging in between stitching the film together into a rough cut I hope before Christmas, and a shiny fine cut afterwards.

Slow Television -The Slow TV Blog

7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    as a Norwegian, I find your blog very interesting. Do you think slow TV is something especially scandinavian, or could it become a big hit anywhere?
    Lovely pictures from Trondheim, where I lived for three years. Very little sun this time of year, but I hope you enjoyed yourself. Good luck with the master project and with the Norwegian (it's not very different from English really:)
    Hilsen Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi - thanks for the encouragement; I will be adding more to the blog so do keep checking back. Hoping to get a funded PhD to study Slow TV deeper, so this could be something I keep going for some time!

      Slow TV has been really only a Norwegian thing so far; a French channel did the Tokyo Reverse earlier this year.

      I've considered the future of Slow TV at the present here: http://slowtelevision.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-future-of-slow-tv.html/

      Trondheim was great; when I've got a bit more cash and time spending more time in Norway would be very welcome.

      I love languages but had never expected to get one yet alone two trips to Norway doing this project; if I can get funding to study further then learning Norwegian fully will be something I'll enjoy :)

      Tusen takk :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you - I see; but that makes us Norwegians look quite weird, doesn't it?:)
      Forgot to mention, maybe you know, but nrk have also had some other minor slow tv-events, such as this, where two football supporters walk the 150 km. from Skien to Oslo in order to watch the cup final: http://www.nrk.no/telemark/blir-tatt-i-mot-som-helter-pa-veien-1.12052745
      And, your pronounciation is not at all bad!

      Delete
    3. If it is weird, it is in a positive way! I think more people will have been drawn to Norway from Slow TV projects, so yes, while unusual it's not bad. As we know :)

      The term 'Slow TV' only emerged during the Bergensbanen transmission and has become consciously attached to the long broadcasts of this nature.

      I'll take a look at the walk - cheers!

      Adding a little more each day - a few more photos from Trondheim just gone up. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...my first comment disappeared. What I said was that I recently watched a documentary about Norwegian slow TV, and I was intrigued. It sounds like something I would keep on in the background while I work--and I almost always have something on in the background. I'll search through your blog to see if you have already discussed your subject. I can't imagine that you would do one that would not interest me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaarin - I can see that your comment was deleted by you two minutes before your second post; are you a Kaarin I know? Yes, one of the questions I'm considering is Slow TV being like Ambient music - Ambient TV; has several parallels. There's been little research into Slow TV, hence my blog to help inform my Masters Degree, and maybe even a PhD too.

      Delete